About the Author
Just Enough Theory
- 1. Overtones: Every note is a chord
- 2. Pitch: Slicing up infinity
- 3. Scales! Wait. Come back.
- 4. Consonance is Nice. Dissonance is Delicious.
- 5. Home and the Neon Arrow
- 6. A (Melodic) Minor Detour
- 7. Harmony is What Happens to the Hero
- 8. The Hidden Grammar of Music
- 9. The Long Exile in ‘Hallelujah’ (cadences)
- (More to come)
Film & TV
Rock & Pop
- Lou Rawls and the Christmas Clams
- No One Owns the Worst Song in the World
- Song Breaking Your Heart? It’s (Mostly) Not the Words
- The Case Against the Star-Spangled Banner
- The Greatest Christmas Song, in Theory
- Why is That iPhone “Don’t Blink” Ad So Damn Cool?
- How One Note Turned David Cameron to the Dark Side